Summer is the perfect time to let go of your standard life programming, meaning you may have gotten yourself into some habits or ruts that keep you safe and comfortable. I recommend that you stretch yourself and do things you may not normally do. Lighten-up, have fun, and enjoy yourself!
Stepping out of your comfort zone can feel a little scary or uncomfortable. That’s ok it’s suppose to. Just take it one-step at a time. Here are some tips to get started.
1. Be willing to experience the unexpected. When a friend invites you to do something– like a party with other people you may not know – say ‘yes!’ You never know who you are going to meet and connect with, or develop a new friendship.
- If you want to date let yourself feel self-assured and take off the pressure. Practice smiling to people – anywhere. In the grocery story, going for a walk, or at work. This simple process is uplifting for you and others. You’ll feel lighter and more joyful.
- Breathe in the goodness of you! Do some journaling about those things that you like about yourself. Your kind, generous, treat yourself and others respectfully etc.. . This will help you to maintain a positive mindset.
- If you are ready to date – be flirtatious! Allow yourself to have fun and not take dating seriously. Picture this as a “sampler” or taste-testing. See who’s out there. This will help you to determine what you like and what you don’t like about someone. No need for “serious”, just be delighted!
- Everyone is attractive in his or her own way, let your own light shine. Express yourself and relish the new experiences that you are creating.